Biarritz, Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Nantes
Marco Polo Pocket Guide French Atlantic Coast: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips
Explore French Atlantic Coast with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the region's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place. Let Marco Polo show you all this wonderful coastline has to offer?
With over 300 miles of beautiful beaches, world-famous vineyards, glamorous seaside resorts and historic port towns, the French Atlantic Coast is one of the most varied regions of France. Experience a region that is the perfect setting for both the actively inclined and the connoisseur. This practical, pocket-sized guide leads you through a lively holiday destination full of sun, sand and sea. Explore the museums and shopping areas of Nantes, Bordeaux and Biarritz, enjoy the colourful markets, the fine restaurants and some of the world's best wines? This is the French Atlantic Coast!
Your Marco Polo French Atlantic Coast Pocket Guide includes:
- Insider Tips - we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into the region. Wade through oyster beds, enjoy 200 different types of cheese or savour almond macaroons reputed to have been served at Louis XIV's wedding.
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best 'only in' the French Atlantic Coast experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all the top sights are organised by area so you can easily plan your trip.
- Discovery Tours - specially tailored tours will get you to the heart of the French Atlantic Coast. You can experience all of this coastline's unique character with these inspirational itineraries.
- French Atlantic Coast in full-colour - Marco Polo Pocket Guide French Atlantic Coast includes full-colour photos throughout the guide bringing the region to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App - download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!
- Road Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed road atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour. In addition, there are also small street maps of La Rochelle, Nantes, Bordeaux and Biarritz.
- Useful French phrases - the essential words and phrases are included to help you get by.
Trust Marco Polo Pocket Guide French Atlantic Coast to help you explore this beautiful coastline. The comprehensive coverage and unique insights will ensure you experience everything the French Atlantic Coast has to offer and more. The special tips, personal insights and unusual experiences will help you make the most of your trip - just arrive and enjoy.